1. Why is College of the Canyons holding a women’s conference?
Each year, College of the Canyons hosts a Women's Conference, and this year's conference theme, Inspiring Voices: Making a Difference in an Ever-Changing World. Cultivating your personal growth is designed to help attendees achieve their personal and professional goals. The college is looking forward to providing the women of all generations and men in our community with a day dedicated to reawakening the incredible potential that we all possess.
2. What can I expect to learn at the conference?
The conference will seek to inspire attendees to "Inspiring Voices: Making a Difference in an Ever-Changing World" by providing a day of information, inspiration and motivation. Focusing on the variety of personality traits and lifestyle attributes which often lead to professional success and personal satisfaction. For a complete list of the breakout sessions, please refer to the
3. How much is admission?
The admission price for the conference is $35. ALL Students and COC Staff Discount admission price is $20. You can register for the conference on our website using the "Register Now" button, please refer to the Registration tab of our website.
4. When will I be able to register and purchase admission tickets?
5. Can I register now and pay later?
Participants will register and pay online at the time of registration. You can use any Visa or Mastercard, or American Express debit or credit card to make those payments.
6. Do you take credit cards?
We accept MasterCard and Visa debit and credit cards, in addition to American Express credit cards.
7. Can I register and pay at the door the day of the event?
You can register and pay on the day of the event provided there is space available. We will have registration stations available in the Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center lobby that will require you to register and pay using our online registration system. All payments will need to be in the form of a debit or credit card. It would be wise to pay your registration prior to the day of the event as seating is limited.
8. Will I be able to get a refund if I sign up and then decide I can’t attend?
We will not give refunds for the event. All sales are final upon purchase.
9. Will there be ticket discounts for senior citizens or students?
Unfortunately there will not be a discount for senior citizens.
10. Will you offer “group” discounts for organized groups?
We do not plan to offer group discounts.
11. Will you provide childcare for me if I want to attend?
There are no plans to provide childcare for this event.
12. Can I come for a part of the conference that interests me or do I have to pay for a full day’s attendance?
You will need to pay the full conference admission price of $35. ALL Students and COC Staff Discount admission price is $20. However, you may choose to attend any part of the conference that is of interest to you.
13. Will there be an opportunity to meet the breakout session speakers during the day?
Speakers will be available for a short time after each of the breakout sessions. To learn more about our speakers, please access the website for breakout session topics and speaker biographies.
14. What type of food will be provided? I have food allergies?
We will be offering a continental breakfast and lunch will be provided with paid admission. Please refer to the Food tab of our website for a list of menu items.
15. Are men welcome to attend the various strands and breakout sessions of the conference?
We are happy to have both women and men attend the conference. The sessions will focus on information that can be used by anyone.
16. Is there a minimum age for attendance?
No. However, we believe the subject matter would be appropriate for teens (ages 13 and up), adult women and men.
17. Will I have to pay for parking at the college?
Parking for the event will be free.
18. Will there be handicapped parking available?
The College has handicapped parking available near the Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center in parking lot 14.
19. How do I become a sponsor for the conference?
Depending on availability, if you are interested in becoming a sponsor please contact our Women's Conference event desk at (661) 362-5254 during regular office hours: Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. OR email at email@example.com.
20. Will there be resource and information tables where I can set up a booth? If so, what is the cost?
We will be having resource and information tables before and after the conference day schedule of events. Please contact Women's
Conference event desk at (661) 362-5254 during regular office hours: Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Will you have an area for vendor booths? If so, what are the conditions and the costs?
We will be having vendor tables before and after the conference day schedule of events. Please contact the Jasmine Foster at (661) 362-3101 during regular office hours: Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or email at email@example.com.
22. Where on the COC Valencia Campus will the conference be held?
The conference will take place in the Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center located on our Valencia campus off of University Center Drive (only signal light on Rockwell Canyon Road).
23. What are the hours of the Women’s Conference?
Check-in will take place beginning at 8:00 a.m. through 8:30 a.m. in the lobby of the Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center. The conference will begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude at 4:30 p.m. Please refer to the conference Schedule tab on our website for more information about the day.
24. How do I volunteer to help at the Conference?
25. How many people do you expect will attend the conference?
The event can accommodate a maximum of 150 attendees.
26. Will the conference be an annual event by the college?
We’ll make the determination about future conferences after we critique the event, look at surveys of participants, and assess the needs of the community in future months.