STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME CURRENT
ESL 071 COLLEGE LISTENING AND SPEAKING II
Provides extensive practice in oral communication in both formal and informal college situations. Develops listening strategies. Units do not apply to the associate degree and offered credit/no-credit only.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Communicate in formal and informal college situations in accurate English with minimal pronunciation interference.
Respond in appropriate English to prompts based on academic oral sources.
Apply listening strategies to academic oral content.
1. Develop and employ active listening strategies.
2. Recognize literal and implied meaning in spoken language.
3. Speak with some accent interference in response to prompts on oral content.
4. Speak accurately and appropriately with peers in pair and groupwork settings.
5. Demonstrate a variety of comprehension strategies in speaking situations.
6. Recognize academic speaking markers and connectors.