The College of the Canyons Theatre Club is a recognized campus club, associated with Associated Student Government (ASG). The club is open to any and all COC students interested in theatre. The club works to support the COC Theatre Department, and independent student works and projects.
Some of the activities include:
- Selling Concessions: The club sells concession for Theatre Department productions to finance projects and activities.
- Opening Night Receptions: The club hosts a reception for each COC Theatre production, to celebrate and discuss the work of the cast and production team.. Receptions are free of charge, and open to all theatre students, and the entire opening night audience.
- Audition Night: In preparation for COC Spring Auditions, auditions to conservatory programs, and "pilot" season, students are encouraged to participate in this valuable experience. Practice your audition and get feedback from a panel of faculty and guest artists.
- The Annual Funky Formal: This is the annual end of the year Dinner, Dance and Award event. The event is a ticketed "Funky" Formal event open to all theatre students past and present.
- Trips and Events: Sponsoring trips to see shows, talkbacks with artists, special events throughout the year.
- Support for Student Created Work and the New Studio Theatre: Working to make the New Studio Theatre an exciting and accessible space for the creation of student generated work, and creating diverse experiences for theatre students.