What are some of the benefits of participating in the First Year Experience?
- Students will be introduced to the college experience. Learn about the college’s academic programs and services, explore majors and careers, and meet our faculty
- Students will tour the Valencia campus, meet with counselors to choose a major and develop an Education Plan, become connected to the College of the Canyons community, and register for classes.
- Students attend English, Math and Counseling classes with other FYE students.
- Students will meet with their faculty mentors during the fall semester to “check-in” and discuss how they are transitioning from high school to college.
FYE designated classes and workshops
- Counseling 111- Introduction to College & Strategies for Success
- Counseling 010- Career Exploration
- Counseling 142- Learning to Learn
- Supplemental Learning Workshops & Guided Learning Activities for English and Math
Early registration, scheduling and guaranteed enrollment in 12 units for the fall semester
- English, Math, Counseling, and a General Education (GE) or Career Technical Education course (CTE).
Enrollment in English, Math, Counseling, and GE or CTE courses for the spring semester
- Students can get a head start in their spring semester registration if qualified.