Program Viability Committee
The Program Viability Committee is a standing committee of the Academic Senate.
The Committee will use the evidence contained within the initial proposal as a
foundation to make a qualitative assessment as to determining the merit of initiation,
modification or discontinuance. The Committee will be charged with:
1. Determining the initial proposal’s evidentiary sufficiency per Section III according to AP 4021.
2. Exercising discretion to expand its membership to include program support staff, student
services representatives, and adjunct instructors.
3. Gathering all qualitative and quantitative evidence into a written report.
4. Participating in all public meetings and discussions.
5. Recommending to the Academic Senate one of the three potential outcomes of the
The Program Viability Committee has meetings from 8:00 am to 9:15 am on the following dates in Bonelli 330.
Technical Review Meetings:
Full Committee Meetings: 10/9/17, 11/13/17, 2/12/18, 3/12/18, 4/9/18 and 5/14/18
All proposals will go through a Technical Review and must be submitted at least one week prior to a Technical Review Meeting to the Academic Senate President.
Proposal presenters should arrive at 5 pm to the Full Committee Meeting and be prepared to give a 10-min presentation of the proposal. The presentation will be followed by a 20-30 min Q&A with the committee. The committee will then deliberate and decision will be summarized in a written report that is sent to the Academic Senate for final approval.
PROGRAM VIABILITY AND ACADEMIC DEPARTMENTS
COMMITTEE CHARTER (DRAFT) and EVALUTION RUBRIC