Program Viability Committee
The Program Viability Committee is a standing committee of the Academic Senate. Per the AP 4021, program initiation, modification and
discontinuance proposals shall be submitted to the Academic Senate President no later than the eighth week of the
The Committee will use the evidence contained within the initial proposal as a
foundation to make a qualitative assessment as to determining the merit of initiation,
modification or discontinuance. The Committee will be charged with:
1. Determining the initial proposal’s evidentiary sufficiency per Section III according to AP 4021.
2. Exercising discretion to expand its membership to include program support staff, student
services representatives, and adjunct instructors.
3. Gathering all qualitative and quantitative evidence into a written report.
4. Participating in all public meetings and discussions.
5. Recommending to the Academic Senate one of the three potential outcomes of the
The Program Viability Committee has meetings in Bonelli 330 from 9:00 am to 10:00 am on the following dates.
September 13, 2018; October 18, 2018, November 15, 2018
February 21, 2019; March 21, 2019; April 18, 2019; May 16, 2019
Proposals may go through a Technical Review before being reviewed in committee.
PROGRAM VIABILITY COMMITTEE AGENDA
PROGRAM VIABILITY COMMITTEE MEETING SUMMARIES
PROGRAM VIABILITY AND ACADEMIC DEPARTMENTS
COMMITTEE CHARTER (DRAFT) and EVALUATION RUBRIC