Welcome to College of the Canyons! As you go through the Matriculation process of application, assessment, orientation, advisement, and beginning coursework you will become more familiar with our college. You will find that we have a rich and interesting curriculum, our staff is friendly and helpful, and the College of the Canyons instructors are knowledgeable and very approachable. It is easy to become a college student here by following a few simple steps.
- Complete our Online Application for Admission.
- You can fill out the online application using the CCCApply website.
- Upon receipt of your application, up to 48 hours from when you submit
your application, you may go to
My Canyons, click on "Student" and then click on the link to create your
student account. Upon logging in, you will be able to obtain your
student ID number which you will need for most of your transactions.
- Submit all Transcripts.
- Send all high school and college transcripts for all schools you have
attended to the Admissions and Records office. We use these transcripts to
determine prerequisite eligibility prior to your registration date. Ensure
that the transcripts are official copies in sealed envelopes.
- Take our Math & English Assessments to evaluate your skill levels.
Taking both assessments will require about 1.5 hours and, when you are
finished our staff will review your placements and answer questions. No
appointment is needed and there is no fee. If you already have a U.S.
college degree, notify Admissions and Records and you will be exempted from
testing. You may still need testing if the classes you want to take have
math or English prerequisites.
- Complete our
- Our online orientation is designed to give you essential information on
faculty, courses, study skills, and resources to ensure a successful
transition to COC. You can earn an early registration date by completing the
- For a listing of exemptions from orientation please contact our office at (661) 362-3280.
* Sign up for a
New Student Advisement Session.
This is a perfect opportunity to meet with a counselor in a hands-on,
practical workshop that teaches you how to
create the best educational plan and class schedule. You will learn about
major and career options, clarify your educational goals, learn how to
balance and manage your time, and work out a class schedule with alternative
- Register for your classes
- Once you have gone through online orientation you will get a registration date. If you go to
New Student Advisement you will get more detailed help with your first
semester schedule. If you would like to preview the instructions of how to register, click on the link
* Pay for your classes and attend!
Payment is due at the time of registration. If you do not pay your fees,
you will be dropped from your class(es). You are responsible for dropping
your classes if you no longer plan to attend. If you do not attend
the first day of class, you will be dropped by the instructor and your seat may
be given to another student. Be sure to follow through with deadlines and
policies accessible in the
college catalog. Please check the
Student Business Office for
more information on fees.