Benefits of Articulation
Creating and maintaining partnerships among differing levels in the educational system fosters communication and a sense of community. The articulation process in the Tech Prep program accrues many benefits for all parties involved:
- Minimizes needless course duplication, thus reducing costs for the students and the institution.
- Allows students to receive college credit and/or advanced placement for articulated courses completed in High School/ROP programs.
- Provides the opportunity for students to complete introductory courses in a given discipline that are deemed equivalent with College coursework; thus, students can enter a College program taking more advanced coursework in that discipline.
- Provides more incentive for students to continue their education.
- Creates opportunities for a seamless transition from High School/ROP programs to college.
- Encourages enrollment in articulated High School and ROP curricula.
- Encourages students to set educational goals and provides a framework to develop plans to achieve these goals.
- Increases interactions among faculty members across institutions.
- Provides the opportunity for instructors to compare and align curriculum to streamline the educational system.
- Allows for the sharing of resources and ideas among faculty members.
- Encourages enrollment in articulated High School and ROP curricula and continued enrollments in advanced courses in College.
- Demonstrates to instructors that how/what they are teaching is connected with all levels of education.
- Builds stronger relationships with counselors from other institutions.
- Provides a structure to assist students in creating educational plans.
- Offers a career technical education option for students to pursue.
- Promotes student advancement, success, and program completion.
Current high school articulation agreements (hyperlink to a PDF document)
Check out the Career Pathways at the high schools:
Golden Valley High School: Career Academies are listed in the Course Catalog.
Hart High School: Career pathways are listed under “Academics”
Saugus High School: Career pathways can be found in the Course Catalog
Valencia High School: School to Career site
West Ranch High School: Look for information on school to career at the Counseling website.