Are you interested in recruiting College of the Canyons students and alumni for your open positions and internships? The Career Center would love to assist you in getting connected!
Here’s how we can help….
ONLINE JOB AND INTERNSHIP LISTINGS
MyJobs is our online database for employers to post employment and internship opportunities for COC students and community members. Setting up an employer account on MyJobs will assist you in connecting to more than 13,000 individuals actively looking for opportunities. Once you are registered on MyJobs you will be automatically added to our employer invitation list to participate in upcoming job fairs and events.
HOW WE MARKET YOUR OPPORTUNITIES TO OUR STUDENTS
- Every Wednesday, all new jobs posted on MyJobs are listed in an email that is mailed to more than 2,000 College of the Canyons faculty and staff to share with students and community members
- 13,000+ students and community job seekers are actively using MyJobs to look for jobs and/or internships
- All new jobs are posted on our Career Center Facebook and Twitter pages weekly
- When you post or renew an opportunity on MyJobs related to a specific field of study offered at COC, we notify our current students and recent alumni in those programs about the opportunity via email and/or phone call
JOB FAIRS & ON-CAMPUS RECRUITMENTS
The Career Center holds various job fairs and recruitments throughout the year. Our Fall Job Fair in October hosts 75-100 employers and brings in 800-1000 students and community members looking for employment. In the Spring, we hold several industry specific job fairs focused on providing opportunities for employment to our recent graduates seeing employment in their field(s) of study.
We can also:
- Coordinate setting up a table in a high traffic student area to share information about your opportunities directly with our students. Complete a Table Request Form (5-7 business days notice for setup). You may contact Lonnie Davis, Career Center Coordinator, at Lonnie.email@example.com or 661-362-3394 for more information about reserving a table.
- Reach out to students and alumni directly to solicit resumes from qualified students for your open positions and line up on-site interviews for you. Contact Keri Aaver, Director of Job Placement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 661-362-5476 for assistance.
College of the Canyons has a strong commitment to Work Based Learning through internship experiences which integrate classroom learning with hands-on professional experiences in the world of work. Connect with our internship coordinator to coordinate internship opportunities for our students at your company. For more information, please visit Internships or call the Internship Office at 661-362-3309.