Respondus Lockdown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading. Available for both Windows and Mac.
Follow these steps to install Respondus LockDown Browser for Windows:
1. Confirm that you have Internet Explorer version 5.5 or higher already installed on your computer. If you are unsure of the version number, select "Help" from the menu bar in Internet Explorer and then select "About Internet Explorer" to view the version number. NOTE: Internet Explorer is REQUIRED to run the Respondus LockDown Browser software on a Windows computer.
3. Save the file to your desktop or My Documents.
4. Double-click the installation program called "LockDownSFX.exe" where you saved it, and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
5. Start Respondus LockDown Browser by clicking the shortcut on the desktop. To take an exam or quiz, refer to the steps in Taking an Assessment.
Follow these steps to install the Macintosh version of Respondus LockDown Browser:
1. Be sure that you are using OSX 10.3.9 or higher, with 512K RAM as a minimum, and have Safari installed on your computer. NOTE: Safari is REQUIRED to run the Respondus LockDown Browser software on a Macintosh computer.
3. Click the Install button to begin the installation, and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
4. Start Respondus LockDown Browser by clicking "Applications" and selecting "LockDown Browser". To take an exam or quiz, refer to the steps in Taking an Assessment.