Instructions are given for Microsoft MSN, Outlook, and Yahoo email programs. Your email program may differ.
TO OPEN THE MSN MAIL PROGRAM:
- Go to http://www.msn.com. The Welcome page will open.
- While on "MSN Home" click on the "Hotmail" link.
- When the "Please sign in" page opens, enter your Hotmail e-address and your password.
- Click on "Sign in." The "In Box" will open.
- Set the cursor on the email item you wish to open and double-left click. Your email message will open.
- To open the next email click on "Previous" or "Next" links at either the top or the bottom of the email message. (NOTE: Some mailboxes are set to record the newest messages at the top of the email page, dating them in order from newest to oldest, and some programs are set to open with the newest messages at the bottom of your list.)
TO OPEN THE OUTLOOK MAIL PROGRAM:
- Click the Outlook icon on the desktop. The "In box" will automatically open. If you do not have an icon on the desktop or toolbar, click on "Start" at the lower-left corner of your screen. When the menu appears, click on Programs, then Microsoft Office, then Microsoft Outlook, each on a different pop-up menu.
- Double-left click on the item you wish to open and your message will open.
- To open the next email, click on the large "down arrow" on the toolbar at the top of the email message.
TO OPEN THE YAHOO MAIL PROGRAM:
- Go to http://www.yahoo.com. The Yahoo home page will open.
- Click on the Email link at the top of the screen.
- When the "Welcome" page opens enter your Yahoo ID and your password.
- Click on "Sign In." The "Yahoo Mail" box will open. The number of unread messages will appear under the "Welcome!" message, as well as in the left column of the page. Click on the "Inbox" link in either of these two locations and your Inbox will open. Unread messages appear with a white background. Previously opened messages appear with a lightly colored or gray background.
- Set your cursor on the email item that you wish to open, and double-left click. The email message will open.
- To open the next email click on "Next" at either the top or the bottom of the email message.