If you are an active member in the California National Guard, the State Military Reserve, or the Naval Militia you may be eligible for a state-funded program designed to provide an educational incentive to improve your skills, competencies, and abilities.
California National Guard Education Assistance Award Program Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the CNG EAAP, you must:
- Be an active member who has served two (2) years in the California National Guard, the State Military Reserve, or the Naval Militia;
- Agree to remain an active member throughout the participation period in the program;
- Agree to use the award to obtain a certificate, degree, or diploma that you currently do not possess;
- Be enrolled in, registered at, or accepted to a qualifying institution;
- Agree to maintain enrollment of a minimum of three (3) academic units per semester, or the equivalent, at a qualifying institution;
- Agree to maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA); and
- Be a resident of California for at least one year.
The enrollment period for initial applicants is April 15 through April 14 of the following year. The Priority Deadline is June 15. After June 15, applications will continue to be accepted through April 14; however, entry into the program will be granted on a “first come-first serve” basis until all awards are exhausted.
Initial applicants must submit an online or paper application, Free Application for Federal Student Aid, and the Statement of Understanding (SOU) which are all available with the following links:
The enrollment period for renewal participants is January 15th through June 1st of each year. Submit the Renewal Application and the Statement of Understanding (SOU), available on the links below, to the military department by June 1.
For more information please read the Applicant's Fact Sheet or visit the following websites: www.calguard.ca.gov or https://nationalguard.csac.ca.gov/ or http://www.calguard.ca.gov/education