Interested in becoming a member?
Registered students can become CPEs by:
- Completing the online application form by the end of the 3rd week of the semester in which membership is sought.
Once selected, CPE members will be committed to:
- Attending the orientation meeting the 3rd week of the semester (usually Friday afternoon).
- Provide hours of service (this includes attendance of meetings) bimonthly
- Attend business meetings (3 absences permitted)
- Complete Kognito At Risk interactive online training
- Maintain approved attire when working in the CPE Facility
- Represent College of the Canyons and the CPE program in a professional manner at all times
- Maintain a healthy balance between, school, work and CPE responsibilities
- Completing the 12 hour NASPA/Bacchus certification training
CPEs that wish to conduct one on one peer mentoring sessions will be committed to the above as well as:
- A minimum of one semester of CPE training
- Complete an 8 hour Mental Health First Aid Training
- Participate in a HIPPA training through the College of the Canyons Student Health and Wellness Center
- Attend a Q and A debriefing meeting with the College of the Canyons Student Health and Wellness Center advising therapist
Benefits of Becoming A CPE:
- Develop strong leadership, communication, and modeling skills
- Participation in the Student Development Transcript program and/or Service Learning Program
- Enhance Resume and College Transfer Applications
- Receive mentorship and career guidance from experience health professionals
- Positively impact the College of the Canyons community and campuses
- Meet new people, make friends, and have fun