Join SNAC and Hands on Earth Clubs for our monthly hiking adventures! It's a fun way to be physically active, while reducing stress, learning about the environment, and making new friends.
NOTE: All hikers must complete a waiver and return to either SNAC faculty advisor Sheri Barke or Hands on Earth faculty advisor Jeannie Chari (mailboxes at Switchboard).All hikers must complete a waiver and return to either SNAC faculty advisor Sheri Barke or Hands on Earth faculty advisor Jeannie Chari (mailboxes at Switchboard).
SNAC Fitness Boot Camp (Spring Semester ONLY)
Sign up now for a fun 4-week Boot Camp which will boost your Body & Mind Fitness!
SNAC Fuel Station (Fueled by ASG grant funds!)
SNAC students, along with Sports Dietitian Sheri Barke, share fast and easy recipe ideas to help fuel optimal training, performance, and recovery. Enjoy FREE food samples and sports nutrition tips at these events...
- May 20th, 2015, 9-10:30 a.m. Pathway between STCN & Hasley Hall - Table Topic: Fuel For Finals
- March & April Nutrition Seminar "6 Things Naturally Fit People Do Differently"
- SNAC's Fitness Boot Camp (#SNAC4Recovery offered after all cardio strength training classes)
- Thurs. Nov. 13, 2014 - Table Topic: Easy One-Pot Meals
- Oct. 30, 2014 - Table Topic: Trick or Treat Trail Mix / Healthy Snacking
- Thurs. Sept. 18, 2014 - Table Topic: Healthier Hamburger Helper (featured during Sports Nutrition Seminar at 12:30 p.m. in MENH 343)
- Thurs. Sept. 4, 2014 - Table Topic: Pre-Post-Workout Nutrition
SNAC Body Image & Eating Disorder Awareness Events (Fall Semester ONLY)
Click here for more info about SNAC's EveryBODY is Beautiful fashion show, art exhibit and entire Real Beauty Campaign.
SNAC Body-Mind Wellness Seminars & Events
Every semester, SNAC hosts seminars featuring experts in the fields of nutrition, fitness, stress management, and body image as part of the college's Body Mind Wellness Seminar Series. These seminars are FREE and open to the public. FLEX credit is available to COC faculty who attend.
SNAC Business Meetings
SNAC members meet every other Friday, 9-10 a.m. for business/program planning purposes. Anyone who is not an "official SNAC member," but who is interested in learning more about SNAC or in helping with SNAC activities, is welcome to attend SNAC meetings. Please contact faculty advisor Sheri Barke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 661-362-3244 for upcoming meeting times/locations.
SNAC is sponsored by the COC Student Health & Wellness Center. For more information, contact faculty advisor Sheri Barke, MPH, RD, CSSD at email@example.com or 661-362-3244.