1. If you wish to study full time at College of the Canyons must obtain a certificate of eligibility (an I-20 form) for an F1 visa. You must submit the application documents listed on the checklist on the application page.
2. College of the Canyons and the ISP office will evaluate your application and documents and, if complete, will issue the I-20 form. The applicant will receive the certificate with a Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) number. This provides the authorization needed for student visa application. The applicant will also receive a letter of acceptance and more information regarding the visa interview and possible arrival in the U.S. as an international student.
3. Once the applicant receives the letter of acceptance and the I-20 form the next step is for the applicant to pay the SEVIS fee to US Government either through the online services at www.fmjfee.com or in person at the U.S. embassy.
4. The applicant schedules a visa interview appointment with the US embassy, usually at the embassy at the applicant’s home country.
5. The applicant appears for the appointment visa interview; a student visa is issued once the visa interview is successful.
6. The applicant makes travel plans, arrives in the U.S., obtains a stamp on the arrival departure form (form I-94), and obtains student status for the duration of studies in the U.S.
7. The student checks in at the College of the Canyons International Students Program office, makes a counseling appointment, and then visits the admissions office to obtain a student ID number.
8. The student attends the required new international student orientation and registers for classes for the first semester (12 units). Payment for the classes is required at the time of registration.
9. The student purchases books and other class supplies as needed. The student starts her/his studies at College of the Canyons. Completing the semester with 12 units is a requirement.
Ready to apply? Please click now on the "Apply Now" option and choose your current status.