Applicants - Change of status
College of the Canyons welcomes your application for a certificate of eligibility for F1 student visa. College of the Canyons is able to issue such certificates to all applicants who apply within the deadline and submit evidence of the following:
In order to be considered for acceptance to College of the Canyons international student applicants must show evidence of the following:
- English proficiency at least of a low-intermediate level
- Sufficient funding for one academic year tuition and living expenses
- Completion of secondary education
- Negative results for Tuberculosis screening
- Proof of applicable document for:
- Valid B2 visa and status especially those who initially have entered the country with the intention offinding a school
- Valid E2 status and/or visa
- Valid F2 status and/or visa
- Valid J1 visa and status holders with no 2 year residency requirement on their DS 2019
- L2- status and/or visa
- H4-status and/or visa
Required documents :
- 1) ISP Application form with a passport size photo (2in.x2in. size)
- 2) Tuberculosis (TB) clearance form for skin tests or chest x-ray results
- 3) Current * official financial document which proves that you have sufficient financial support,Current * official financial document which proves that you have sufficient financial support, US $15,300 for tuition, books, supplies and living expenses for one academic year. Please visit the Tution & Fees page for more Information. *The financial documents must be issued no earlier than 2 months before the application deadline.
- 4) Affidavit of support
- Applicant sponsors must complete and sign the affidavit of support form.
- US-residing sponsors would complete form I-134 and attach the supporting evidence required in the form's instructions.
- 5) Proof of English proficiency evidencedProof of English proficiency evidenced by one of the following documents:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score report with a minimum score of 450 Paper Base Test (PBT) or133 Computer-based Test (CBT) or 45 Internet-based Test (IBT) (Institutional TOEFL score will not be accepted)
- Proof of citizenship from a country that uses English as the primary language in its educational system
- Transcripts from a U.S. college/university verifying minimum of one year attendance and completion of General Education classes other than English as a Second Language while maintaining a GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Graduation certificate/transcripts verifying graduation from a U.S. high school.
- STEP Eiken Test, Level 2 score report with a minimum score of 450 points.
- Official Academic IELTS test score document with a minimum of 5.0 points.
- 6) Certified copies of documents whichCertified copies of documents which prove completion of secondary education. Examples include diplomas, transcripts, or valid equivalency tests results.
- 7) Personal Statement detailing personal and educational goals and how studying at College of the Canyons will lead toward meeting such goals.
- 8) Copy of passport page(s) that shows the expiration date, name, picture and date of birth.
- 9) Copy of visa pageCopy of visa page
- 10) Copy of I-94 (Arrival/Departure Card) (front and back)
Application deadlines: :
- Fall semester application documents are due- June 15
- Spring semester application documents are due - 11/15
- Summer sessions application documents are due - 4/15
For contact information click on 'Contact Us' in the main menu.