Applicants - Change of status
Applicants who are in current, unexpired immigrant or non-immigrant status and are eligibible to petition to change their current status, may apply with following documents to obtain a certificate of eligibility to change their status to F1 student:
1. Application Form
2. Tuberculosis (TB) clearance form for skin tests or chest x-ray results
3. A bank account statement, issued no earlier than 2 months before the application deadline, which shows that you have sufficient financial means for studying and for living expenses for one academic year.
4. The applicant's sponsors who reside outside the United States must complete and sign this Affidavit of support form
US-residing sponsors would complete form I-134 and attach the supporting evidence required in the form's instructions.
5. Proof of English proficiency evidencedProof of English proficiency evidenced by one of the following documents:
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score report with a minimum score of 450 Paper Base Test (PBT) or133 Computer-based Test (CBT) or 45 Internet-based Test (IBT) (Institutional TOEFL score will not be accepted)
Proof of citizenship from a country that uses English as the primary language in its educational system
Transcripts from a U.S. college/university verifying minimum of one year attendance and completion of General Education classes other than English as a Second Language while maintaining a GPA of 2.0 or above.
Graduation certificate/transcripts verifying graduation from a U.S. high school.
STEP Eiken Test, Level 2 score report with a minimum score of 450 points.
Official Academic IELTS test score document with a minimum of 5.0 points.
6. Certified copies of documents which prove completion of secondary education. Examples include diplomas, transcripts, or valid equivalency tests results.
8. Copy of passport page(s) that shows the expiration date, name, picture and date of birth.
9. Copy of the current visa pageCopy of visa page
10. Copy of the most recent I-94 form
11. US higher education transcripts of courses completed in all US institutions ifever attended.
For contact information click on 'Contact Us' in the main menu.