ApplicantsHealth Insurance

College of the Canyons Board of Directors policy #509 requires international students who hold I-20s issued by College of the Canyons to obtain health insurance.
International students are required to present proof of health insurance before their registration for classes. Coverage for the duration of school semesters is required.
International students may obtain valid insurance from their home country instead of purchasing group insurance. They may also obtain coverage from US providers.
The following can be used as guidelines for acceptable coverage:
  • Medical benefits of at least $50,000 for accident and illness;
  • Repatriation of remains in the amount of $7,500;
  • Expenses to cover medical evacuation to the home country in the amount $10,000;
  • Deductibles should not be greater than $500 per accident and illness.
For information on selecting health insurance companies and health insurance matters for international students, please contact Maritza Munzon. You can reach her by using the "Contact Us" tab at the top of this page.