New Student - Check-In - Students from Overseas
All new international students are required to Check-In with the ISP office by the latest reporting date (indicated in your I-20, item #5). Please see this page for Check-In information.
Arrive on campus and check with the International Student Program (ISP) office at C-101 within 16 days of arriving in the country or by the latest reporting date.
Bring the following documents:
- Stamped I-20
- I-94 Arrival/Departure Document (should be stapled in your passport)
- Visa (in your passport)
- Address and phone number in the US
- Proof of Health insurance (if you bought a coverage in your home country)
- The coverage must be for the entire duration of the semester.
- You are welcome to purchase any health insurance on your own or you are welcome to purchase the health insurance most of our students have through a US insurance agency.
Here are some steps you may take that day:
- Submit an application form to the Admission Office ( the form will be provided to you by ISP), where you will receive your student ID number.
- Take placement tests on Math, English or ESL (please visit for more information our Placement Test page)
- Schedule an academic counseling session with the international students counselor
- Sign up for the mandatory new international student orientation
- Have a registration date assigned to you (preferably after the date of the academic counseling) or Finish registration
Once you register for classes, you will have to pay the tuition and fees by the specific deadline (ask ISP office).
Go to: Schedule of Classes page on the useful links box on the right for detailed information on Schedule of Classes and Fees.
Please also visit our new students Orientation page.