This spring, the annual College of the Canyons Women’s Conference will seek to help attendees reach a personal “Turning Point,” by providing a day of information and inspiration centered around the many transformational moments and achievements that take place in a woman’s life.
The 2013 College of the Canyons Women’s Conference, ‘Turning Points: Transformational Moments of Clarity & Achievement,’ is being sponsored by Boston Scientific, Valencia Neuromodulation.
The event will take place from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, March 23, at the Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center, located on the college’s Valencia campus (University Center Drive entrance).
Focusing on the variety of personality traits and lifestyle attributes which often lead to professional success and personal satisfaction, event organizers have focused this year’s Women’s Conference around the following key information strands:
• Maintaining a Balanced and Healthy Lifestyle
• Empowerment and Personal Development
• Business and Entrepreneurial Solutions
Early bird admission is $20 through Monday, March 18 (or $25 at the door), and includes access to the entire conference, including a continental breakfast, three morning breakout sessions of the attendee’s choice, lunch and an afternoon keynote presentation. Attendees will also have access to various presenter meet-and-greet and book signing opportunities throughout the day.
Included among the conference’s list of scheduled speakers/presenters are:
• Keynote speaker Janine Sherman Barrois, executive producer of the hit CBS crime drama “Criminal Minds”
• Rachel Cosgrove, co-owner of Results Fitness and author of “The Female Body Breakthrough.”
• Janet A. Jackson, co-founder of Sporting the Right Attitude, a communications consulting and training company and author of “A Cry for Light: A Journey into Love.”
• Carrie Flintom, strategic life coach and author of “Heroes in Heels: Ignite Your Soul and Awaken the Hero Within.”
• Deborah Kagan, sensual lifestyle specialist and author of “Find Your ME Spot: 52 Ways to Reclaim Your Confidence, Feel Good in Your Own Skin and Live a Turned On Life.”
• Karena Thek Lineback, president of Pilates Teck, Inc. and author of “OsteoPilates”
• Dr. Joan Marques, director of Bachelors of Business Administration Program and assistant professor of Management at Woodbury University, author and entrepreneur
• Rebecca Robins, financial planner and president of Robins Financial Inc.
• Joy Chudacoff, professional certified coach and owner of Smart Women Smart Solutions
“This year’s conference is sure to leave attendees energized, uplifted and inspired,” said Kari Soffa, director ofoutreach and school relations at the college and chair of the conference. “College of the Canyons is looking forward to providing the women in our community with a day dedicated to reawakening the incredible potential that we all possess.
“With the support of our talented speakers, the women who attend this conference will be empowered, and inspired, to create their own transformational moments of clarity and achievement, which are key to living a life full of meaning, passion and personal success.”
For more information about the 2013 College of the Canyons Women’s Conference and the scheduled lineup of featured presenters and events, or to register to attend please visit www.canyons.edu/Offices/WC/
or contact the Women's Conference event desk at (661) 362-3044.