Archival News Advisory
This is an outdated document posted for archival purposes. Click here for current releases.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 22, 2012
Welding Technology to Host Interactive Open House May 23
Subject: The College of the Canyons Welding Technology department will host an interactive Open House event at COC’s state-of-the-art welding lab, located on the college’s Valencia campus.
Event: College of the Canyons students, faculty and staff and community members are invited to visit the college’s welding technology lab for an interactive evening of fun, designed to showcase the many new exciting opportunities available to students interested in pursuing a career in welding.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Take a hands-on welding ‘test drive’ using one of the college’s virtual reality welding machines.
- View the college’s robotic automation equipment, and witness it moving to the sound of music.
- Learn how laser welding is fast becoming the industry’s top technology of choice.
- Tour the college’s state-of-the-art welding labs, including the all-new metal fabrication laboratory.
- Meet with welding faculty and learn more about the types of welding programs available at COC
Time: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Location: Welding Technology Lab, Towsley Hall, Room 128 (located behind Bonelli Hall, adjacent to the Classroom Village), Valencia campus.
Contact: Tim Baber, department chair, COC Welding Technology, (661) 362-3062
Note to Editors: Photo opportunities available