Archival News Release
This News Release is outdated and posted here for archival purposes only.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 21, 2015
‘Appointment Training’ Workshop with Local Legislators
Subject: Join State Sen. Sharon Runner and Board of Equalization Vice Chairman George Runner for an appointment training workshop hosted by College of the Canyons and the non-profit, non-partisan organization California Women Lead.
Event: Ever considered getting involved in your local community as an appointee to a board or commission? Want to know more about how the process works, where to access the application and how to navigate the process?
The public is invited to learn more about the process one should take to be appointed to a board/commission/committee at the local and state level.
With the number of women in local government decreasing, this event has been designed to help empower women to apply for such appointments in an effort to reach gender equality on boards and commissions.
Women and men are both invited to take part in this workshop. The panel of speakers includes:
• Sharon Runner, Senator, State of California
• George Runner, Vice Chairman, State Board of Equalization
• Mona Pasquil, Secretary of Appointments, Office of Governor Edmund G. Brown
• Fiona Ma, President, California Women Lead; Member, State Board of Equalization
• Rachel Michelin, Executive Director/CEO, California Women Lead and current Gubernatorial Appointee
When: 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 22
Location: Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center, Room 258, College of the Canyons, 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91355.
Contact: Wendy Trujillo, COC Public Information Office, (661) 362-3447.