FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 3, 2018
Summer Rush to Put Students on the Registration Fast Track
Students and community members looking to enroll in a summer course at College of the Canyons are encouraged to attend one of the college’s one-stop shop student application and orientation events. Summer Rush will be held 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, May 18; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 19, and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, May 29 and 30 at the Valencia campus.
College staff from a variety of key student services departments will be available to provide personalized, on-site services designed to help become registration-ready.
Available services will include:
During the May 29 and 30 events, students will be able to register for classes on the spot.
- Applying for admission to the college (new student, returning student) and/or completing a special admissions form (high school students)
- Creating a My Canyons student account
- Completing the online orientation
- Taking the math and English assessment (if required)
- Attending a new student advisement workshop
- Applying for financial aid
- Obtaining a student ID card
- Purchasing textbooks
Summer Rush is open to all interested students and community members and will be held in Canyons Hall at the Valencia campus.
For direct access to the event, attendees should park in the Parking Lot 2 off Rockwell Canyon Road. Parking will be free in all of the college’s student lots during the event.
A schedule of classes for the summer 2018 semester is available online.
For more information about Summer Rush, call the Outreach & School Relations office at (661) 362-5891 or Admissions & Records at (661) 362-3280, or visit the department's web page.