Payment Plan Criteria
Payments for classes are due at the time of registration. Non-resident students, who are receiving Financial Aid, may be eligible to set up a payment plan agreement during the Spring and Fall semesters. There are no payment plans available for the Winter or Summer semesters. If you would like to set up a payment plan, you must contact the Student Business Office prior to your registration and complete your down payment and Promissory Note on the day you register.
In order to be eligible for a payment plan students must:
1. Be a non-resident student, but not an ISP on a visa
2. Be 18 years of age or older
3. Have and maintain a 2.00 cumulative GPA
4. Have applied for Financial Aid and received an Award Letter
5. Not have any other balances owing or holds or encumbrances
6. If awarded and receiving loans, you must complete an online four step process to activate the loans. Please see Financial Aid Site to complete: (1) Loan Counseling Workshop (2) Loan Activation (3) Loan Master Promissory Note (4) Exit Counseling
7. You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units, in order to be considered half time and receive a financial aid award. Note: Your award letter lists the approved amount based on full time status. If you are less than full time, the amount of your award will be adjusted accordingly. Your award will be distributed in two separate payments. Please see Financial Aid for the disbursement dates.
When setting up a payment plan, Students will be required to make a Fifty Percent (50%) down payment at the time of registration. The remaining balance will be due immediately following the first financial aid disbursement, approximately two weeks after the start of each semester. The entire balance must be paid in full at this time, even if the total aid received does not cover your remaining balance.
Failure to pay your balance in full may result in the student being dropped from their classes or have a hold placed on their financial records preventing them from receiving college services including, but not limited to, registration privileges, transcripts, library services, etc.
The following items will be required at the time of establishing the Payment plan:
§ A copy of the student Financial Aid Award Letter.
§ A minimum down payment equal to Fifty Percent (50%) of the balance. (Optional fees such as parking, will need to be paid in full at the time of purchase.)
§ Signature on a College of the Canyons Promissory Note available in the Student Business Office. This note is in addition to the FASFA Master Promissory Note.
Once a payment plan has been established, the student will be required to pay the remaining balance in person. Payment plan payments may not be made online.
To set up an appointment, please contact the Student Business Office at 661-362-3033.