What is a 4th semester Nursing Student?
A student who is currently registered in the 4th semester of the Nursing program. Although this may seem obvious, many students who are working to get into the nursing program classify themselves as a nursing student.
4th semester nursing students do not need to attend an orientation, however, you must register your project with the Service-Learning office before February 26, 2015. Each student must register for themselves and sign in with the staff to receive credit.
Please read the following instructions...
- To sign up for your project you must make an appointment with the Service-Learning staff to register for your project.
- The registration process will take 25-30 minutes, so please set this amount of time aside to register.
- A staff member will work with you to get you registered and give you all the appropriate forms (Service-Learning Handbook) you will need to fill out for your project.
- When you register you will need to bring your class schedule and Student ID number.
- Please be aware of your hour requirement for your project, if you are not sure what your requirement is, check your syllabus or ask your instructor.
- Each project requires a reflection essay, please refer to the instructions provided in your Service-Learning Handbook.
- To receive credit for your project you must complete the hour requirement and email your essay by the designated dates given in your Service-Learning Handbook.
Disclaimer for Service-Learning Students:
Please note that all students are held responsible to read and understand all the listed material in the Service-Learning handbook. It is the students' responsibility to properly enroll in the Service-Learning Program. If the student wishes to drop from the Service-Learning Program at any given time, it is the student's responsibility to contact the Service-Learning Staff. Also, if you are participating in Service-Learning for multiple classes you are responsible to complete all the required components for each class unless otherwise arranged by the Service-Learning office. If you have any questions or concerns throughout the process feel free to contact us at (661) 362-3231 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to engage in this opportunity, expand your learning and give back to the community it is totally worth it!!!