What is a Returning student?
A returning student is a student who has participated in Service-Learning at College of the Canyons in past semesters. If you are not sure if you are a returning student please stop by the office and a staff member will check on your status. Returning students do not need to attend an orientation.
If you are a returning student please continue to read the following instructions...
- To sign up for your project you must register at the service-learning office (STCN-111).
- The registration process will take 15 - 20 minutes, so please set this amount of time aside to register.
- A staff member will work with you to get registered and give you all the appropriate forms (Service-Learning Handbook) you will need to fill out for your project.
- When you register you will need to bring your class schedule and Student ID number.
- Please be aware of your hour requirement for your project, if you are not sure what your requirement is, check your syllabus or ask your instructor.
- Each project requires a written essay.
- To receive credit for your project you must complete the hour requirement and turn in your essay by the designated dates given in your Service-Learning Handbook.
Disclaimer for Service-Learning Students:
Please note that all students are held responsible to read and understand all the listed material in the Service-Learning handbook. It is the students' responsibility to properly enroll in the Service-Learning Program. If the student wishes to drop from the Service-Learning Program at any given time, it is the student's responsibility to contact the Service-Learning Staff. Also, if you are participating in Service-Learning for multiple classes you are responsible for completing all the required components for each class unless otherwise arranged by the Service-Learning office. If you have any questions or concerns throughout the process feel free to contact us at (661) 362-3231 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to engage in this opportunity,expand your learning and give back to the community it is totally worth it!!!