A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Make-A-Wish of Greater Los Angeles
1875 Century Park East, Suite 950, Los Angeles, CA
Organization Description - Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life threatening medical conditions to enrich the human spirit with hope, strength, and joy.
Volunteers can be a part of:
· Granting wishes
· Non-profit administration
· PR and communication assignments for events with children
· Office support
Volunteer Requirements - All volunteers must attend a training and orientation session per year. Volunteers will be notified of upcoming sessions after the application is received. A background check is needed every 3 years (cost $27.95). A volunteer must complete 3 wishes per year. The volunteer must also sign a yearly conflict of interest.
· Understand accountability of volunteers to salaried staff
· Maintain a cooperative working relationship and stay within the bounds of volunteer authority and responsibility
· Complete assignments promptly, reliably and professionally
· Notify staff in a timely manner if you are unable to meet a commitment as planned
· Ask questions about things you do not understand
· Accept the guidance and direction of staff and/or volunteer mentors
· Respect and tactfully interact with wish families, staff and other volunteers
· No more than 3 wishes at one time
Hours of Operation - Monday-Thursday; 9am-5:30pm
Minimum Hours Required - About 20 hours per year
Contact Person(s) - Bazillia Gutierrez (prefers to be contacted via email)
Telephone Number - 310.788-9474
Additional Comments - To get a volunteer application, please visit the website.
MEND: Meet Each Need with Dignity
10641N. San Fernando Road, Pacoima, CA 91331
Organization Description- We serve poverty families of the Northeastern side of San Fernando Valley. We provide food, clothing, furniture, medical, dental, and vision care for these families as well as English as a second language classes for adults, computer classes, job training, employment counseling, and home visiting.
- Teach ESL
- Assist in Kinder Care area
- Assist with after-school program for kids
- Dental assisting
- Medical assisting
- Medical front office and pharmacy
- Home visit families to assess needs
- Conduct food intake interviews
- Assist kids/adults in computer lab
- Client intake
- Case management
- Clothing Distribution
Hours of Operation- Tuesday – Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm,
Minimum Hours Required- 20 hours
Contact Person- Lupe Martin, Volunteer Services Director
Yolanda Anguiano, Job Training Coordinator
Telephone Number- 818.896-0246
•Click on "Get Involved" lick on "Get Involved"
•Then select "Volunteer Now"
- Read all about registration process
•Click to choose 20 hours or more of volunteering at the bottom of the page.
•Fill out Registration form and click "Register" when complete.
•Once you submit your registration you should receive an email from MEND with information regarding an orientation date and time. Orientations are usually 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
•Please follow-up with MEND if you do not receive an email from them within 48 hours.
Placement forms will be signed after MEND orientation.
Fingerprinting is required ONLY for positions working with children and youth.
Internal Background check is required, no fee required.