College classes for high school students
Students in grades K-10 may be admitted if identified at the "genius level" through the WISC (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children) test. A student identified as a genius would be a student in K-10 who has a score of 150 or higher on the most current version of the WISC test. Those students who have met this criteria should contact the Admissions & Records office for more information.
11th and 12th grade high school students who wish to take College of the Canyons classes must complete the steps below.
College Now! students attending part-time may not enroll in more than 11.0 units per term and are exempt from paying unit enrollment fees. All other term fees, including non-resident tuition fees, must be paid at the time of registration. College Now! students who want to attend College of the Canyons full-time must be released from high school to do so. This means the student will be attending College of the Canyons full-time and not attending high school for the entire term. If a high school student is approved by their high school to attend full time, the student must pay the enrollment fee for all units.
You must complete an application for each term you wish to attend.
At least 48 hours after submitting your application, go to My Canyons, click on "Student" and then click on the link to create your student account.
This is a one-time orientation to be completed before your first term of attendance.
Submit a College Now! Form: (click here for the Summer Special Admission Form)
- Fill out both sides of the form to include the Consent to Medical Treatment.
- Hand carry your form to the Admissions & Records Office (Valencia or Canyon Country).
- Be sure to submit your form before the high school registration date.
- High school transcripts are needed if you plan on enrolling in a higher level language course (Ex: Spanish or Sign Language) and took the first levels of the language at your high school, please bring the high school transcript with you when you submit your Special Admission Form.
- Assessment in English or Math is needed if you plan on enrolling in an English or Math course, or if a course has an English or Math prerequisite such as Economics 201. Please visit the Assessment Center website at www.canyons.edu/offices/assessment for additional information, including English and Math study guides and current hours of operation.
- A&R staff will give you instructions regarding the online registration system at that time.
Submit High School Transcripts
High school transcripts are needed if you plan on enrolling in a higher level language course (Ex: Spanish or Sign Language) and took the first levels of the language at your high school, please bring the high school transcript with you when you submit your Special Admission Form.
Reminder: You must submit a new application, concurrent enrollment form, and authorization to consent to medical treatment form for each semester you plan to attend. Submit all documentation to A&R as soon as possible in order to ensure your eligibility to use the online registration system beginning on or after the high school registration period.
Enrollment Fees are waived for high school students. However, payment for all other college fees
are due at the time of registration. If you do not pay your fees, you will be dropped from your class(es). You are responsible for dropping your classes if you no longer plan to attend. If you do not attend the first day of class, you will be dropped by the instructor and your seat may be given to another student. Be sure to follow through with deadlines and policies accessible in the college catalog
. Please check the Student Business Office
for more information on fees.