Agenda / Minutes Made by Mr. David Tushin (Secretary) Thursday, 28 February 2013
I. Call to Order – Sunny at 4:04 PM
a. Opening Ceremony –
b. Introduction of new members (3)
II. FBLA Official Business
a. Guest Speaker Feedback (Connie Sparks)
1. Wyatt T.– Found the presentation very informative and learned a lot
2. Thomas M.- Found the personal assessment valuable
3. Consensus that we would like to invite Connie back to speak again
b. COC Club Rush on 2/18/13 – Analysis of Event
1. Positive Comments – Event was a success with information gathered on 36 potential members. Overall it was a great experience.
2. Improvements – Need to avoid last minute planning, arrive early to secure a more desirable table, have printed information to give away, wear FBLA shirts, possibly use a tent, and have member be more proactive.
c. FBLA Concert Fundraiser with SCV Historical Society
1. Proposed date of concert agreed will be on April 27th, 2013
2. Plan needs to be pitched to SCV Historical Society Board Meeting on March 25th
3. Planning meetings will be coordinated with Wyatt T. and Lindsay R.
III. Officer Reports
a. President –Sunny Sidhu
1. Planning for FBLA General Meeting on 3/7/13
2. Motion to have a case study for next general meeting approved 8 to 13 in favor of having a mini-case competition
3. Sunny and Professor Cruz will be the judges
b. Vice President –Scott Bachrach - Absent.
1. Informed that he will miss the next 2 meetings
c. Project Manager –Lindsay Riportella - Absent
d. Administrative Manager – Thomas Moran –
1. Nothing new to report
e. Events Leader – Lisa Pineda
1. CCC Club Rush is on 3/5/13 1230P-2P
2. Requested a list of people able to help with the event
3. Would like to order 500 pens to give away. Requested a budget for pens.
f. ICC Rep – Pier Mantovani / Gabriel A.
1. Nothing new to report
2. Requested a current member list and to be forwarded our meeting agendas which will be turned into ICC for club points.
g. Treasurer – Judy Oh
1. Current Cash Balance on hand $1,555.00
h. Marketing / Historian– Freddy Vale - Absent
i. Secretary –David Tushin
1. Received the FBLA email list from previous secretary, Rozzan, and will be confirming and updating the email list so that it is accurate.
2. Received contact information for 10 potential members from the FBLA hosted event on SWOT analysis. An e-mail has been sent out with information on FBLA-PBL and our COC chapter including meeting times.
3. Club Rush at the main campus on 2/18/13 produced another 36 potential members we gathered contact information for. An e-mail has been sent out with information on FBLA-PBL and our COC chapter including meeting times.
4. Will provide Pier with an updated member list by the next executive meeting.
IV. Adviser Reports – Professor Boo Su
a. Requested that the treasurer produce a cash flow or monthly statement to be presented at future executive meetings.
V. Adjournment – Adjourned by Sunny at 5:07 PM