- Guidelines for Library Use
The ID Card
Your student ID card is also your Library card. Your card is permanent - you don't need to apply for a new one each semester. Once you enroll at the college and obtain an ID card, you are always welcome to use our materials, even when you are not enrolled in classes. You must present your ID card when checking out materials.
Fines and Fees
We do not charge daily overdue fines for most items. If materials are kept past their due date, you may be billed for the replacement cost of the items. You will need to return the materials or pay the bill to clear the hold placed on your records in the Admissions & Records Office. Starting on February 7, 2011, we will charge $1/day fines for overdue 3-day reserve books. These fines will cumulate to a maximum of $50 and will not be refunded when the book is returned. An additional replacement fee will be charged if the book not returned.
Renewals and Holds
- You can renew most Library materials by bringing them to the circulation desk on each floor.
- You can renew books by phone Monday--Friday from 8:30am--4:30pm. Please call 661.362.3361 to renew by phone.
- You may not be allowed to renew books if they are overdue.
- You cannot renew an item if another student or staff member has placed a hold on it.
- You can usually place a hold on an item, reserving your right to check it out at the end of its current circulation period.
- Books (incl. audiobooks) Two weeks (two renewals allowed)
- Pamphlets One week (two renewals allowed)
- PamphletsMusic CD's (Media Reserve) One week (3 CD Limit) (two renewals allowed)
- DVD's/VHS's Room use (instructors can check out for two weeks)
- Opposing Viewpoints Books Three days (two renewals allowed)
- Periodicals Room use / Three days (two renewals allowed)
- Reference Books Room use
- Reserve Materials Room use or instructor-designated check out period (no renewals allowed)
Public parking is available in several lots with the purchase of a $2.00 day pass from the vending machines in the parking lots.
SCILNET (Community borrowing)
The community is welcome to use the library: however, only College of the Canyons students can check out materials. Temporary borrowing privileges can be arranged with a SCILNET card. Ask a librarian for details!