FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Do I have to wear a helmet if I participate in the
· Yes. Age-appropriate safety gear is required.
2. How will safety and security be handled so I know
my family is safe on the ride - especially along Sierra Highway?
· Four sheriff vehicles and one city truck will
escort the riders along surface streets.
3. Is there a minimum age for participation in the
· Yes – riders must be at least 12 years or older
4. How long does my family have to complete the bike
portion of the event?
· We anticipate that all riders will be back at
the campus by 12:00 noon.
5. Is there a group discount on the participation fee
if I gather a large number of people from my school, church,
community, organization, etc.?
· Yes – there is a discount of $5.00 per rider
for groups of 4 or more.
6. Where will the proceeds go? What percentage will
be used to defray event costs?
· Net proceeds will go to campus improvement
7. What type of food will there be at the college
campus after the bike event?
· A variety of food trucks and vendors will be at
the campus following the bike event. We are finalizing our food
truck participants and encourage you to check our website for
8. If someone in my family is injured in the bike
portion of the event - either off or on the COC campus - will
there be medical people available and can the college or the
city be held liable for my injuries?
· Please refer to the liability waiver attached
to your registration. EMTs will be standing by if needed.
9. If I or someone in my family has a bicycle
breakdown during the event, will there be some way to get
bikes/families back to the college?
· Yes. Event staff will be available in case of
10. If I register and pay for the event and then find I
can’t participate, what is your refund policy?
· We will offer refunds if requested before May
7. All refunds will be made by check. Please allow 4 weeks
11. Can I register now to reserve my space in the
event, but pay later?
· Yes but we encourage you to register and pay
for the event prior to May 14th. There will be
limited registration the day of the event.
12. Will you be accepting credit cards for payment?
· Yes. This is the preferred payment mechanism
for this event.
13. Can I not register in advance but just show up and
pay on the day of the event?
· Yes – we will have a limited staff on hand to
process registrations the day of the event. We encourage you to
register and pay for the event prior to May 14th.
14. If my wife and I want to ride in the bike event but
our kids don’t, will you be providing child care?
· Unfortunately, no child care will be available
the day of the event.
16. If I want to truck my family’s bikes to the event,
does the college have parking for my truck/car?
· Yes, free parking will be available at the
Canyon Country Campus during this event.
17. How do I become a sponsor for this event?
· We appreciate our sponsors! To learn more
about sponsorship opportunities and to sign on as a sponsor,
please visit our event website and click on the Sponsorship
18. Will you be holding this event in future years?
· While we can’t guarantee that this will be an
annual event, we certainly hope it will!
19. Will the event include a resource fair or vendor
area where I can set up a booth for my business? If so, what
are the specifics of cost, location, times, etc.?
· Yes. We are offering vendor exhibitor
opportunities to sponsors of the event. To learn more about this, please
visit our event website and click on the Sponsors page.
20. Can I ride my motorcycle, motorbike, moped,
motorized bicycle or motorized scooter in the event?
· No. For safety reasons, this event is limited
to non-motorized bicycles. No mopeds, motorbikes, motorcycles,
or motorized scooters will be permitted.
21. Will there be water stations along the bike route?
· Yes. There will be water stations along the
route, and a water station with porta-potty restrooms at
Discovery Park, which is the turnaround point in the route.
22. Will there be a prize or award for finishing,
especially for the kids?
· This is a non-competitive bike ride. All
registered riders will receive a Tee-shirt as part of their
registration. Tee-shirts will be distributed on the day of the
23. 8.5 miles is a long ride for my kids. Will you be
arranging a shorter, abbreviated ride so they can participate in
the event but not have to do the whole 8.5 miles?
· No. Participants are free to turn around at
any point in the ride and return to the Campus.
24. Is the food free at the campus after the bike
· Food may be purchased from the food trucks and
vendors following the event.