Our drinking water follows a path from storage to treatment plants, through the distribution system, to the customer’s tap and finally to wastewater facilities. These components are vital to the supply of safe and reliable drinking water to the communities we live in as well as the safe and efficient treatment of wastewater.
Water Technology encompasses a variety of careers in the water and wastewater industries. Both the private and public sector employ thousands of water professionals in areas such as:
• distribution • treatment • water quality
• customer service • engineering • testing and more
What does a job in Water Technology offer me?
• A vital role in your community providing your
neighbors with an commodity essential to their lives
• The ability to work indoors, outdoors, or both
• A career that mixes physical and mental challenges
• Work that protects and delivers a precious natural resource
Great Career Options:
• Water Distribution Operator
• Water Treatment Operator
• Water Quality Specialists
• Cross Connection Control Specialists
• Professional Engineers
Water Technology at College of the Canyons
In addition to
preparing students for a career in water technology, the College offers
water industry professionals Continuing Education Units in order to
fulfill the requirements for taking California Department of Public
Health exams and Contact Hours in order to fulfill the renewal
requirements for both Distribution and Treatment certifications.
The Water Industry has a continuing demand for certified water distribution and treatment professionals. Career opportunities are available in numerous disciplines within the water industry throughout the state, the country, and the world.