- PAL Orientation
- Orientation FAQ
- About PAL
PAL ORIENTATION INFORMATION
2 CHOICES FOR PAL ORIENTATION!
- Complete the NEW ONLINE PAL Orientation....OR
- Attend a face-to-face orientation
Option 1 :: ** NEW ** ONLINE PAL Orientation
Questions or problems with the orientation? Click HERE for Frequently Asked Questions
Option 2 :: Attend a face-to-face orientation for PAL
If you prefer to attend a face-to-face orientation, you may come visit us during one of the following windows of time:
- Tuesday, June 11 –--- 1:00PM - 3:00PM (LOCATION: Hasley Hall 206)
- Friday, June 28 –--- 1:00PM - 3:00PM (LOCATION: Hasley Hall 206)
- Monday, July 15 –--- 1:00PM – 3:00PM (LOCATION: Hasley Hall 206)
- Thursday, July 25 –--- 9:00AM – 11:00AM (LOCATION: Hasley Hall 206)
- Wednesday, July 31 –--- 10:00AM – 12:00PM (LOCATION: Hasley Hall 206)
You do NOT need to reserve a seat. Just show up at any time during those hours. The orientation should take you only about 20-30 minutes. As you will be still viewing an online orientation in a lab setting, you will need a pair of headphones. We have a very limited number of headphones available, so please bring a pair of headphones with you for the orientation.
Does the online orientation work on all computers?
Yes and no. It should work on all computers, but is incompatible with the Safari browser. Firefox (available on both Mac and PC) is probably your best bet, but Internet Explorer and Google Chrome seem to work as well. Also, the orientation is not yet available on tablets or smartphones (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.).
How long will the orientation take?
It should take about 20-30 minutes of your time.
What happens if the orientation “locks up”?
If it appears to get stuck, click on the navigation bar in the orientation to try and jump back to the previous section.
What if the orientation really REALLY locks up?
If you are completely frozen in the orientation, we recommend you try again on another browser or computer. If you cannot get it to work in any other browser or computer, contact our office so we can schedule you for one of our face-to-face orientations.
Will I need to complete all sections of the orientation?
Absolutely. Your information will not be processed if you do not complete all sections.
What happens if I get questions wrong on the quiz in the orientation?
You must get 100% correct in order to pass the orientation and to get “flagged” as a PAL student. If you do not get 100% correct, hit the “Retake Quiz” button to restart at the first question in the orientation. If you do not hit that button, you will be forced to restart the orientation at the beginning.
PAL (Personalized Accelerated Learning)
- Back to back short term classes in Math and English.
- Complete in two 8-week sessions, what would normally take 16 weeks.
- Stay with the same instructor and fellow students as you progress.
- Dedicated counseling and tutoring available.
- Morning, mid-day, and evening classes available.
- Complete an online orientation to the PAL program.
Steps to becoming a PAL Student
- Complete a COC application
- Take a placement test for Math/English
- Consult with a counselor
- Complete the PAL Orientation
- Register and pay for classes.
- Room: Hasley Hall (HSLH) 351
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm
- E-mail: email@example.com