College of the Canyons welcomes your application for a certificate of eligibility for F1 student visa. College of the Canyons is able to issue such certificates to all applicants who apply within the deadline and submit evidence of the following:
In order to be considered for acceptance to College of the Canyons international student applicants must show evidence of the folllowing
- English proficiency at least of a low-intermediate level
- Sufficient funding for one academic year tuition and living expenses
- Proof of completion of secondary education
- A health practitioner’s verification that the applicant is clear of tuberculosis
The forms documents to prove the criteria above are as follows:
- ISP Application form with a passport size photo (2in.x2in. size)
- Tuberculosis (TB) clearance form for skin tests or chest x-ray results
- Current * official financial document which proves that you have sufficient financial support, US $15,500 for tuition, books, supplies and living expenses for one academic year. Please visit the Tution & Fees page for more Information. *The financial documents must be issued no earlier than 2 months before the application deadline.
- Affidavit of support
- Applicant sponsors must complete and sign the affidavit of support form.
- US-residing sponsors would complete form I-134 and attach the supporting evidence required in the form's instructions.
- Proof of English proficiency evidenced by one of the following documents:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score report with a minimum score of 450 Paper Base Test (PBT) or 133 Computer-based Test (CBT) or 45 Internet-based Test (IBT) (Institutional TOEFL score will not be accepted)
- Proof of citizenship from a country that uses English as the primary language in its educational system
- Transcripts from a U.S. college/university verifying minimum of one year attendance and completion of General Education classes other than English as a Second Language while maintaining a GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Graduation certificate/transcripts verifying graduation from a U.S. high school.
- STEP Eiken Test, Level 2 score report with a minimum score of 450 points.
- Official Academic IELTS test score document with a minimum of 5.0 points.
- Documents which prove completion of secondary education. Examples include diplomas, transcripts or valid equivalency tests results
- Personal Statement detailing personal and educational goals and how studying at College of the Canyons will lead toward meeting such goals.
- Copy of passport page(s) that shows the expiration date, name, picture and date of birth.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us. For contact information click on 'Contact Us' in the main menu.