This information is for people who plan to enter the United States for the first time to study. For information on bringing dependents to the U.S., returning to continue studies, or renewing your visa, or for more details on how to apply for a student visa, refer to the U.S. Department of State website, at:
- Contact your local U.S. Consulate or Embassy to ask about how to get an F-1 international student visa. A list of Consulates and Embassies can be found at http://www.usembassy.gov/
- After you receive an I-20 form from College of the Canyons, follow the U.S. Embassy/Consulate’s instructions to schedule an interview for your F-1 student visa. It is important to apply for your student visa as far in advance as possible. Many consulates recommend that appointments be made no more than 90 days from the intended date of travel, but some can make earlier arrangements for interviews.
- Complete the following forms:
- DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form
- DS-158 Contact Information and Work History for Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant
- If a male between the ages of 16 and 45, DS-157 Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application
Please visit the useful links in the right box.