Sept. 9, 2003
INFORMATION: Sue Bozman or John McElwain, (661) 362-3415 or 3494
College to Observe Second Anniversary of 9-11 Terrorist Attacks
College of the Canyons invites the public to attend a patriotic observance of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on America. This is a solemn occasion, and we know that individuals have a variety of emotions regarding the attacks and ways they would like to acknowledge the day. As in the past two years, we will have a modest event that will allow participation for those who wish to observe a moment of reflection with others.
- The flagpole in the center of campus will be the gathering place
- We will place a remembrance wreath at the foot of the flagpole just before noon on Thursday, Sept. 11
- As the carillon begins chiming the noon hour, we will strike the national ensign and state flags to half-staff
- After the noon chimes, we have programed the carillon to play "America the Beautiful"
- There will be no formal comments or activities during this event and attendance is clearly voluntary