Archival News Release
This is an outdated document posted here for archival purposes. Click "News Releases" at left for current releases.
News Release Index
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 28, 2011
Fast Track Institute to Host Job Information Express
The College of the Canyons Fast Track Institute will host an all inclusive Job Information Express orientation event designed to familiarize job seekers with the various opportunities offered by the Institute -- and get them on the “Fast Track” to a new job and promising career!
The Fast Track Institute’s Job Information Express will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Feb. 12, in the Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center located on the College of the Canyons Valencia campus.
Throughout the morning Fast Track instructors and college representatives will be on hand to meet with potential students and:
- Discuss the available career paths, the immediate job opportunities associated with each program and introduce potential students to local employers and industry representatives
- Provide course overviews, including details about class formats, start dates, course schedules and class content
- Review registration requirements and help potential students navigate the registration process
- Explain associated course fees, and present potential students with available sources of financial aid and/or tuition subsidies
“The Job Information Express will be an all inclusive starting point for community members who have the desire to work in one of the Fast Track industries, but don’t yet have the job skills to move in that direction,” said Pete Bellas, dean of economic development.
“There are local companies that need to fill positions now,” added Bellas. “This event will be dedicated to helping people get on the path to a new job and promising career.”
Fast Track programs allow participants to quickly develop entry-level job skills and immediately begin working in local businesses and industries where applicants with up-to-date training are in high demand.
Most Fast Track courses will take only weeks to complete, with participants then able to use their new skill competencies to quickly secure employment and begin a new career.
“This is the type of specialized job training that can lead to a new job opportunity in two or three months, as opposed to two or three years,” Bellas said.
Courses are typically offered as intensive day and evening classes held throughout the Santa Clarita Valley. Courses being offered in spring 2011 include:
- Office Administration, beginning Monday, Feb. 23, 2011
- CNC Machinist Training, beginning Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2011
- Administrative Medical Assistant, beginning Monday, March 7, 2011
- Welding Technology Open Lab, Thursday, Feb. 17, 2011
- Welding LADBS Test Preparation, Saturday, Feb. 26, 2011
All courses are fee-based and paid for by the student and/or another outside financial assistance agency, including the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) system or the Santa Clarita WorkSource Center’s tuition subsidization program. Details about such programs will be available at the Job Information Express.
For more information about the College of the Canyons Fast Track Institute or the Job Info Express please visit www.canyons.edu/fasttrack, call (661) 362-3521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of the Canyons
Valencia campus: 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91355 • (661) 259-7800
Canyon Country campus: 17200 Sierra Highway, Canyon Country, CA 91351 • (661) 362-3800
Copyright © 2001-12 by College of the Canyons. All rights reserved.