FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 30, 2007
'Law Day' Event at College of the Canyons
Subject: Discussions about contemporary legal issues
Time: 1 to 2 p.m. Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Place: College of the Canyons Performing Arts Center
Event: This is the first time College of the Canyons has held events in recognition of "Law Day." Three presentations, dealing with issues of law as they pertain to modern life will be made. They are:
- "First Amendment - Friend of For"
- How the music recording industry uses gangster rap to manipulate and profit.
- Presenter: Russell Waldon, Esq.
- "Virginia Tech Fallout"
- Is V-Tech responsible for murders that occurred after the killings in the dorm?
- Presenter: Nicole E. Lucy, Esq.
- "Planetary Preservation"
- What the youth of today need to know to preserve the planet.
- Presenter: Dr. Jia-Yi Cheng-Levine
Editor's note: Reporters are welcome to attend. Law Day Fact Sheet.