FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 22, 2005
Free Parenting Workshops Scheduled
The College of the Canyons Foster Care Education Program for Foster and Relative Caregivers will be offering free parenting workshops until the end of this year.
"The workshops are wonderful opportunities for parents to gain important knowledge and skills about parenting and to become even better parents for their children," said Cindy Stephens, the Foster and Kinship Care Education Coordinator.
The workshops will address common issues revolving around parenting in general.
Workshops are scheduled for the following dates:
- Beyond time out- Alternative approaches to discipline, on Friday Dec. 2 from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Managing media in your home, on Friday Dec. 2 from noon to 2 p.m.
- Balancing your family life without stressing out, on Saturday Dec. 3 from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Dance of attachment, on Saturday Dec. 3 from noon to 2 p.m.
- Understanding eating disorders, on Friday Dec. 9 from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Understanding mental disorders, on Friday Dec. 9 from noon to 2 p.m.
All of the workshops will be held in the Early Childhood Education building on the College of the Canyons campus in room B.
If you are interested in attending or for more information about the workshops, please RSVP to Gloria Lopez at (661) 362- 3531.