|First-Year Promise 2018
Students will be contacted no later than May 22, 2018 if they have been accepted into the program.
First-Year Promise gives incoming students the opportunity to attend College of the Canyons free for their first year. The program, which pays all enrollment and student fees, is exclusively for first-time, full-time enrolled freshmen who have been accepted into the program.
What is required of each student?
- Graduate high school in the 2017/18 academic year.
- Complete the College of the Canyons application (opens Jan. 1, 2018)
- Complete the College of the Canyons online orientation
- Complete the College of the Canyons assessment testing
- Complete the New Student Advisement
- Complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act application
- Complete the First-Year Promise application (opens April 1 and closes May 11, 2018)
What does the program provide students?
- Enrollment and student fees paid by First-Year Promise
- Weeklong summer boot camp for all First-Year Promise students
- Fall 2018 for 12-15 units
- Spring 2019 for 12-15 units
- All units must be on the approved education plan
- $100 bookstore voucher
- Free parking permit, or reimbursement for a Santa Clarita monthly bus pass
- Unlimited printing services in the ASG computer room
- Career and major guidance
- Weekly contact in the fall semester with a College of the Canyons counselor
- Priority enrollment for courses in education plan for fall 2018 and spring 2019
- Student support resources to promote success tailored to each student
• Students must complete all requirements to apply to the First-Year Promise program.
• The student must be a California resident or AB 540-eligible student.
• The student must attend a weeklong boot camp in summer 2018 and must be available one of the following weeks:
• June 18 to 21, 8 a.m. to noon
• June 25 to 28, 1 to 5 p.m.
• July 9 to 12, 8 a.m. to noon
• Must have an Estimated Family Contribution, from the FAFSA or California Dream Act application, of $12,000 or less.