If you have taken an English and/or math course at a California private or any private or public  out-of-state college:

·    Bring your official transcript(s) to the College of the Canyons Counseling office

·    A program advisor will check your transcript(s) to see if the courses that you took elsewhere satisfy the English and math course requirements here. Bring your transcripts in even if you did not pass or withdrew from the course; you may be eligible to continue the sequence here at COC.

·    If the courses are equivalent, the program advisor will make you eligible for the next course in the sequence (or eligible to repeat an equivalent course in the case of withdrawals or substandard grades) by entering it into your student file.

·    Once you have been made eligible, attend a New Student Advisement session or speak with a program advisor in the counseling office.

·    If you are missing either English or math, you must take the assessment exam for the area that is not complete. Please go to the Assessment Center and complete your assessment.