Appointments for CAREER ADVISEMENT
- Identify factors influencing your career development, and assess your interests, abilities, and values.
- Educate you on your career options and introduce you to various industries.
- Teach you how to research labor market trends. Find wages associated with your career interest and how much education you may need for that career.
Appointments for JOB DEVELOPMENT
- Resume/Cover letter assistance, job search, interviewing skills and utilization of MyJobs, the COC job and internship portal.
- Locate resources and sources of career information.
Appointments for CAREER COUNSELING
- Help you figure out who you are and what you want out of your education, career, and life. Help make sense of your thoughts, ideas, feelings, and concerns about your career and educational choices.
- Interpret career assessments and guide you on your journey of self-discovery. Help you organize your thoughts to determine your next step and develop a plan to achieve your goals.
- Develop a SEP tying your education to your career goals.
Private 30 Minute Appointments
Students currently enrolled at COC may schedule a counseling appointment up to 10 days in advance. See the button and link below. Note that you must have a COC student ID number to schedule a counseling appointment. Please click on one of the buttons below to see available appointments for the next 10 days.
No Show Policy
If you fail to keep two counseling appointments in one semester, you will be restricted from making another appointment until the following semester. To prevent this from happening to you, please be sure to cancel at least 24 hours prior to your counseling appointment in one of the following 3 ways:
1. Call the Job & Career Center office at 661-362-3286
2. Cancel when given the option via our automated reminder system (SARS-MSGS)
3. Go to the Job & Career Center webpage and cancel online utilizing the same steps taken to book your appointment.