ConferZoom provides a reliable, easy-to-use, mobile-friendly tool for live, recordable online presentations, meetings, and discussions with audio, video, chat, screen sharing, polling, and more. It can be used within Canvas or independently. ConferZoom (called "ConferNow" in COC Canvas LMS), is the California Community College (CCC) “branding” of Zoom and is available to all CCC faculty and students at no charge. Faculty need to sign up for Zoom through the ConferZoom site to obtain unlimited access to all features of Zoom. Recordings can be set to auto-transcribe to provide captioned recorded videos.
- Sign Up – Free for COC Faculty. Sign up with your @canyons.edu email address
- Before you can use it, you will need to sign for an account:
- CCC Confer provides live captioning for instructional uses of Zoom. As of summer 2018, send your captioning request at least 5 business days in advance to email@example.com . It is expected that there will be an online form for requesting captioning soon. You will need to make a one-time change in your Zoom account settings to enable closed-captioning, and at the start of each Zoom session with captioning, you will need to assign the captioning role to the proper person in your meeting. See directions for both.
If this is your first time using ConferZoom, the following guides may be helpful to you:
· Members – Host Guide: Learn how to create and log into your account, start instant meetings, schedule meetings, and invite participants.
· Participants Guide: Learn what to expect once connected to a ConferZoom room as a participant.
Canvas Integration with Zoom
- ConferZoom is available to use in Canvas under the Course Navigation , listed as ConferNow.
Enable ConferNow within your Canvas course.
- Enter your Canvas course
- Click Settings on the course menu
- Click the Navigation tab
- Click the 3 dots to the right of ConferNow and select Enable.
5. Click the Save button
6. Click the ConferNow course menu item which will appear in your course menu.
Canvas ConferZoom Update coming January 7, 2019