At Time of Registration
One Week Before Class Starts
On the First Day of Class
2. Register for the course in MyCanyons. Confirm that your registration is complete in the "My Class Schedule" section on MyCanyons.
3. Do you need to brush up on your computer skills?
You will need to be proficient with computers in order to succeed in your online or hybrid class. Check out these computer skills tutorials.
4. (Optional) Enroll in "Quest for Online Success". This Tutorial series (hosted in Canvas) can help you be prepared with the tools you need to be successful in your online or hybrid course. |
1. Read the Orientation Letter and make note of any important semester dates and information.
2. Log into your student email! Many instructors will send an email their students in the week prior to class. There might also be important information from the Distance Learning Office or Admissions & Records that you need to be aware of.
4. Learn about Canvas, your interactive "Online Classroom" where assignments, discussions, quizzes (etc.) will take place. Note: Your course may not be available to you until the first day of class. Canvas tutorials
2. Read your class syllabus.
3. Complete any first-day assignments.
4. Contact your instructor if you have questions or concerns.
Proctoring During Tests
Some online classes may require on-site proctoring at either College of the Canyons or another approved site. Click here for details about test proctoring for classes at COC (coordinated through the TLC).