Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Academic Employee Minimum Qualifications

The minimum qualifications for each position will be stated in the job announcement. The minimum qualifications for all Academic positions are set by the State Chancellor's Office. The State Chancellor's Office minimum qualifications may be found at the following link:
(Note: Above link will redirect you to the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office website.) 


Applying Through Equivalency

Individual districts are permitted to establish local equivalencies which are at least as stringent as the state minimum qualifications. An applicant who does not meet the state’s minimum qualifications may still be able to qualify based on one of our established equivalencies.
The Minimum Qualifications and Equivalencies Committee (MQE) of the Academic Senate developed Minimum Qualifications and Equivalencies Committee Procedures that outline the process for establishing equivalencies to the minimum qualifications at COC. A list of equivalencies accepted at College of the Canyons may be viewed by clicking on the following links. Please note that not all academic disciplines accept every equivalency. Please refer to the specific job announcement to see which equivalencies will be accepted for a specific position.
If you are applying under an accepted equivalency, you may do so by clicking on the link below and filling out one of the Requests for Equivalency forms. These forms must be uploaded with your application materials.

International Applicants for Foreign Degrees and Units

In order to meet the post-secondary education requirement for positions at College of the Canyons, units and/or degree(s) earned must have been awarded by a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the American Council on Post-Secondary Education. For your convenience, we accept any company who is a current member of
The applicant is responsible for providing equivalency evaluation recognized by the District for degrees and/or units earned outside the United States, degrees from a college or university not accredited by an agency recognized by the American Council on Post-Secondary Education, or if degree is not in the exact discipline required.
For more information regarding foreign degree and unit evaluation please call the Human Resources Office at (661) 362-3427.