New Student Checking in—Students from Overseas
All new international students are required to check in with the ISP office by the latest reporting date (indicated in your I-20, item #5). Please see this page for Check-In information.
Arrive on Valencia campus
and check in with the International Services and Programs (ISP) office in Student Support Center
within 16 days of arriving in the country or by the latest reporting date.
Bring the following documents:
- I-94 Arrival/Departure Document - print out at: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search or ask for an assistance at the ISP office
- Visa (stamped in your passport)
- Address and phone number in the U.S.
- Proof of Health insurance (if you bought a coverage in your home country)
- The coverage must be for the entire duration of the semester.
- You are welcome to purchase any health insurance on your own or you are welcome to purchase the health insurance most of our students have through a U.S. insurance agency.
Here are some steps you may take that day:
- Submit an application form to the Admission Office (the form will be provided to you by ISP), where you will receive your student ID number.
- Take assessment tests on Math, English or ESL (please visit our Assessment Center's webpage for more information)
- Schedule an academic counseling session with the international students counselor
- Sign up for the mandatory new international student orientation
- Have a registration date assigned to you (preferably after the date of the academic counseling) or finish registration
Once you register for classes, you will have to pay the tuition and fees immediately.
Go to: Class Schedule
page for detailed information on Schedule of Classes and Fees.
Please also visit our new students Orientation page.