College of the Canyons prepares students for a wide variety of careers, offering 83 degree and 68 certificate programs.
• Our students need access to up-to-date classrooms, labs, equipment and technology that prepare them for jobs in science, aerospace, teaching, nursing and manufacturing.
• Technology infrastructure, networks and wiring are outdated and inadequate to handle computers and other technology for students to succeed now and in the future.
• Our community relies on College of the Canyons to prepare students of all ages for local jobs.
• As area companies continue to expand and the demand for local career training continues to grow, we need to improve our classrooms, labs and technology to ensure we can keep pace.
• Our economy requires trained and educated workers.
• By the year 2020, California will require 1 million more workers with associate degrees or certificates.
• Training nurses is important now more than ever – California’s nurse-to-patient ratio has ranked 48th in the nation for the past 10 years, and by 2030 we will be more than 193,000 nurses short of our needs.