ARCHIVED NEWS RELEASE
This news release is outdated and posted for archival purposes.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Release No. COC-05.09.17-SummerRush
May 9, 2017
‘Summer Rush’ Registration & Orientation Event Slated May 19 and 20
Students and community members who want to enroll in summer classes at College of the Canyons are encouraged to attend "Summer Rush," a one-stop registration and orientation event scheduled 1 to 7 p.m. Friday, May 19, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 20 in Canyons Hall at the Valencia campus.
College staff from key student services departments will be available to provide personalized, on-site services designed to help students apply, register and enroll in a "one-stop shop" format. Available services include:
• Applying for admission (new student, returning student) and/or completing a special admissions form (high school students)
• Creating a My Canyons student account
• Completing the online orientation
• Taking the math and English assessment (if required)
• Attending a new student advisement workshop
• Applying for financial aid
• Obtaining a student ID card
For the best access, visitors may park free in lot 6 off Rockwell Canyon Road. Parking in all student lots will be free during the event.
To view available classes or a campus map, follow the appropriate links below. For more information about the event, follow the link below or call Outreach & School Relations at (661) 362-5891 or Admissions & Records at (661) 362-3280.