Payments for tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.

Failure to make your payment in full, will result in deregistration from some or all of your classes. If the Student Business Office is closed, payment must be made online to prevent being dropped for non-payment. Any payments made after deadlines listed on the Non-Payment Drop Schedule will not prevent classes from being dropped. Please see the Payment Policy and Deregistration Schedule. 

It is the student’s responsibility to drop classes. Failure to drop classes prior to the refund deadline date will result in an obligation to pay fees. Failure to formally withdraw from classes may result in receiving grades. 

Any account with a remaining balance will receive an outstanding fee hold that may prevent further registration activity, the ability to receive college services, view grades or request transcripts.

When an account has a past due balance, College of the Canyons may issue reminder letters sent to the student’s email or to the student’s legal mailing address on file. Account balances can be viewed at any time through My Canyons. If an account remains unpaid, the account may be referred to a third party recovery agency.
Payments may be made online or in person. Online payments can be made with Visa, MasterCard or Discover. In person payments can be made with cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.  If paying in person, the credit card must be present. Payments are not accepted over the phone.  
If an account has received an outstanding fee hold, the hold will automatically be removed once a payment has been made and the account has been paid in full. If unable to pay off the full balance at this time, partial payments may be made in person and the hold will be removed once the account has been paid in full. If payment for a prior balance is made by check, the account will be automatically eligible for registration and transcripts may be released once the payment has cleared. This process can take up to two weeks.
If the account has an outstanding fee hold for a balance that is two or more years old, payments must be made in person or via mail.
If you have any questions in regards to your account, the Student Business Office Staff will be happy to help. Keep in mind, we may only discuss account information with the student and will only be able to supply general information over the phone. If you will need a breakdown of your account, please visit our office with a photo id.