Access Canvas at coc.instructure.com
- Log into Canvas with your CanyonsID
- Username: staff\lastname_first initial (e.g. staff\doe_j)
- Password: <this is the same as your email password>
- For help, visit CanyonsID Login for Staff
NEW: Canvas Course Template
Want to make your course design easier? Check out the College of the Canyons Online Course Template! This resource course shell includes a variety of ready-to-use course components for you to choose from, including an orientation module, example home pages and content module, and several powerful supplemental resources—all of which leverage effective pedagogy and accessibility principles.
Some Essential Canvas Guides:
- New Semester Checklist (Review this checklist for Canvas at the start & end of each semester)
- How to copy content from another Canvas course
- How to use the Canvas Accessibility Checker
- How to validate that links are working
- How to choose the course Home Page
- How to show Recent Announcements on the Home Page
- How to use the Gradebook
Key Tools and Functions within Canvas
If you are new to using Canvas, you may appreciate some orientation to key Canvas tools and functions.
- Assignments: Use for students to upload submissions, from informal reflections to formal written assignments and projects to be viewed and assessed by the instructor.
- Announcements: Use to send a quick message to your class.
- Discussions: Create space for students to engage with eachother and discuss class content - can also be a graded activity.
- Files: Use to post post key course documents, like the syllabus, readings, assignment sheets, etc. - can also be hidden from student view.
- Modules: Use to an organize course content for ease of student access.
- Pages: Use to create a Home Page, or create content for students to read or access that is not already created in a separate website or in a Word Document or other kind of document.
Call Canvas Faculty Support 24/7 (833) 286-2864