A variety of circumstances might require you to temporarily teach your class remotely with minimal notice: a campus closure, increased absenteeism during a flu outbreak, a family emergency requiring your presence elsewhere, etc. This guide will provide you with some actions to take and resources to reference when making that shift quickly.
UPDATE: Zoom updates Security Controls
Zoom Security Controls
Please consider attending our workshops to support your transition to remote instruction
For the latest information and resources, please visit COC's COVID-19 Information Website
Short form videos on available online technologies
- Combating Zoom Bombing
- New Zoom Security Controls
- Zoom Video Tips
- Zoom for Office Communication
- Zoom Breakout Rooms
- Using Microsoft OneDrive
- Sharing Files in OneDrive
- Adobe Scan Mobile App
- Installing Adobe Products
- Intro to Office365 Web Apps
- Accessing Shared Drives from Home
- More Coming Soon
- Remote Instruction
- Resources for moving labs online
- Online Proctoring
- Converting Paper Exams to Canvas Quiz
- Captioning Videos
- Internet Access Options for Students/Faculty/Staff
- T-Mobile Customers - Unlimited Data and increased Tethering
- AT&T Mobile Customers - Waived overage fees for Data and Voice
- Verizon Mobile Customers - 15GB of additional Data to qualifying plans
- AT&T Home Internet - Reduced rate for Qualifying Customers
- Comcast Home Internet - Free for Qualifying Customers
- IT Resources
Canvas: Your Online Classroom
Log into Canvas: coc.instructure.com
Username: Network login (ex. 'smith_j')
Password: e+employee ID # (ex. 'e123456')
If you do not know your Employee ID, click here.
After first-time log-in or if you do not remember your password, change your password.
Per the Emergency Qualifications for Distance Education Instructors approved by the Academic Senate on 3/13/2020, one portion of the Online Hybrid Instructor Requirements are temporarily waived.
If you do not yet have access to your instructional course in Canvas, please make sure to attend the following training:
- Intro to Teaching with Canvas (in-person workshop or self-paced online course)
- Section 508 Accessible Design online workshop (via Zoom)
Please see the Workshop Calendar for dates and times when these and other workshops will be offered to support your transition to remote instruction.
Open a web browser and go to: http://conferzoom.org
Click on the "Sign-Up" button:
Fill out the form accordingly then use your firstname.lastname@example.org (ie. email@example.com) email account.
You will get an email from ZOOM confirming your account creation.
Click on "Sign Up with a Password"
You will be asked to create a password.
Now you're ready to sign in.
Need help with Zoom?
In College of the Canyon's Canvas instance, Zoom is titled "ConferZoom".
To Enable ConferZoom within Canvas:
- Enter your Canvas course
- Click Settings on the course menu
- Click the Navigation tab
- Click the 3 dots to the right of ConferZoom and select Enable.
- Click the Save button
- ConferNow menu item will now appear in your course menu.