Get renewed inspiration and excitement for teaching through sustainable online teaching methods! At this retreat, we will explore strategies based on trauma-informed pedagogy and ideas for communicating care to our students (while showing ourselves the same care).
Presentation Recordings & Resources
From Blueprints to Bricks: What's New in Online Ed?
Hear from the Online Ed team about the essential building blocks of a distance learning course and some time-and-effort-saving tips to create a smoother, less labor-intensive teaching experience. Then, take a look at distance education trends at College of the Canyons, as well as resources for both students and faculty!
Keynote Presentation: Sustainable & Flexible Teaching for Online Success
With over two years of online teaching during the COVID-19 pandemic behind us, how can we best meet students’ needs during this unprecedented time? How can we make online teaching sustainable for ourselves as faculty? In what ways can we incorporate flexibility while still being rigorous? Why is care so critical to online teaching? In this keynote and breakout rooms, we will explore building blocks for rubrics and syllabus language, examples of trauma-informed pedagogy, and strategies for communicating care to our students. You can do it! We can help!
Virtual backgrounds to use in Zoom!
Thank you for joining us at the 2022 Online Instructor Retreat!
If you haven’t yet., done so, please complete our anonymous survey to share your feedback and any suggestions or recommendations for next year's retreat. Thank you!
View Past Retreat Archives:
- 7th Annual Online Instructor Retreat "Galactic Adventures" August 13, 2021
- 6th Annual Online & Hybrid Instructor Retreat "Tropical Time" August 14, 2020
- 5th Annual Online & Hybrid Instructor Retreat "Lights, Camera, Action" August 7, 2019
- 4th Annual Online & Hybrid Instructor Retreat "Road Trip Adventure" August 10, 2018
- 3rd Annual Online & Hybrid Instructor Retreat "Take Off" August 16, 2017